Water Damage Restoration Services
Is your basement flooded?
Water damage repair is a highly skilled and technical business. Heartland Steam Cleaning repair technicians use the industry's most advanced drying techniques. We are fully familiar with the latest technologies and techniques for water damage repair.
Our techs and water damage restoration specialists are on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and they are always ready to respond within 90 minutes. Our highly trained technicians are ready and able to restore business structures back to their pre-loss condition. We demand 100% customer satisfaction on each and every job.
Insurance claims and water damage restoration
READ FIRST!It's important to know that every policy is different. The following information is just from years of experience in the industry dealing with various insurance companies and clients. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you read your policy before taking action. We do not take responsibility for decisions you make based on the information provided on this website.
Regardless of how water has damaged your property, it's important to take action immediately. Most insurance policies will not cover water damage from floods, however they WILL cover the costs if the flood water came in through a broken window caused by a storm or a hole in the roof, or if your sump pump failed causing the flooding.
Basically, if there is any evidence that the water damage was caused by anything not covered in your policy, the insurance company will not cover the costs. It's also important to know that if you ignore the problem and do not call your insurance company or a specialist you may be at fault! Secondary damages caused by failing to call a professional will not be covered by your insurance company. This includes mold. For more information about insurance policies visit what will my home insurance policy cover.
How water damage restoration works
- Our technicians arrive and perform a pre-inspection
- Extract all standing water
- Begin removing items from the contaminated areas
- Extract as much water from flooring as possible
- Disengage carpet from tack strip and remove wet pad
- Extract water from sub-flooring
- Lay the carpet flat and perform additional extraction
- Setup commercial grade air movers and dehumidifiers
- Treat all contaminated areas with EPA approved disenfectants to kill mold and mildew
- Place protective blocks under furniture pieces to prevent staining
- Return within 24 hours to check status of contaminated areas.
- If dry remove equipment and begin 2nd phase of restoration
- Apply additional treatment of disenfectants to carpet back, and subflooring
- Install new carpet pad
- Re-stretch carpet back to tack strip
- Fully clean and deodorize all areas.
- Return belongings and furniture peices to original position.
Pet stain/odor Policy
Spot Removal Guide
Send Me Your Monthly Deals!